Did You Know?
A sign can serve as a type of silent salesperson for your business. Exterior signs draw attention to your place of business and help differentiate it from others on the street. Wall Graphics or wall decals can come in all shapes and sizes. Popular options are company logos, mission statements or large wall graphics.
Interior signs help customers locate merchandise and can lead to impulse sales when added to special displays. According to the U.S. Small Business Administration website, signs serve as a primary link between a business and its customers.
A survey completed by Ketchum Global Research & Analytics, measured the importance of signage and its impact on consumers as they decide whether to visit your place of business, make a purchase and more. Yet another study by the Economic Center, University of Cincinnati, measured the impact on business owners in different industries.
The surveys found that:
- Nearly 76% of consumers (8 in 10) said they had entered a store or business they had never visited before based simply on its signs. (FedEx)
- Nearly 75% indicated that they had told others about a business simply based on its signage. (FedEx)
- About 68% of consumers believe that a business’ signage reflects the quality of its products or services. (FedEx)
- About 67% of the consumers surveyed said they had purchased a product or service because a sign caught their eye. (FedEx)
- Nearly 60% of consumers said that the absence of signs deters them from entering a store or business. (FedEx)
- Roughly 60% of businesses reported that changing the design or enhancing the visibility of their signage had a positive impact on sales, number of transactions and profits, with an average increase of about 10%. (UC)
- Over 50% of survey respondents indicated that poor signage (e.g., poor quality, misspelled words) deters them from entering a place of business. (FedEx)
- 38% of large companies with multiple locations identified branding/image as the most important purpose of effective signage, while small firms and single establishments perceived signs to be most important for making their business stand out and for helping customers find their location. (UC)
- Legibility was chosen by both consumers and businesses as the most important characteristic of signs. (UC)
Signs provide continuous advertising for your business, and will work for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.